1. I held you, Trace.
2. The fear swept over us, I held you.
3. I pretended nothing was wrong when you wanted me to hold you. I knew before you said a word, I held you.
4. I made plans with you to go back to Paris. We waited until Bodhi left, but then you got sick. We both know you could no longer go and I sat with you and looked at our pictures of the old days and I held you.
5. I drove to our doctor’s office and we got the final verdict, we held each other.
6. I pretended the disease wasn’t robbing your mind and when you told me something out-of-synch, I didn’t let you know, I held you.
7. We went to the nursery because you needed to garden, but you barely made it down the isles. I gave you a ride on the long cart and held you then.
8. I played your ‘morning music’ on the I-Pod you got for your birthday. When the memories made you sad instead of happy and you went silent, I held you.
9. I sat up all night with you because the cardiac apnea wouldn’t let you sleep. I slept on the floor by your bed for days until you left. In the morning, l changed your drenched sheets and held you with your last breath
10. I will always hold you, Trace. My anguish is equal to the depth of love we had.
The original at JMG